Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More freedom with Balloons and Custom Tables.

More freedom with Balloons and Custom Tables.

I originally created a tool that would reference a custom table object within the drawing. Our models and manufacturing process do not require we use BOM. During the creation of this tool, it took awhile to figure out how to use override values to set my rows, and columns items to that balloon. The use of the override value is directly associated with the balloons link to the BOM. 

Now I'm attempting to attach a balloon to a balloon. In the one of two form posts I can find about this, it directly shows that you need to reference the BOM or the Component occurrence from within the BOM. Why is this so convoluted? Why are we so locked into the BOM when creating these objects? I should simply be able to create a second balloon then directly attach that item to the first balloon selected. Yet it requires me to reference a BOM that's not even being used. I've rewritten and attempted about 60 options in an attempt to create the logic that would allow for this. 

Please expand the options for users manipulating values inside custom tables and balloons. Not everyone needs the functionality that BOM provides, nor are we setup to maintain/use it. Custom tables should have more functionality behind importing or linking to excel sheets and beyond. Allow more options for users to create and maintain their own tools without a full scale add-in to provide these extra functions. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-programming-ilogic/ilogic-to-attach-balloon-to-an-existing-b... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report