Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model States Vault Revisions

Model States Vault Revisions

In Vault you can only do a revision of a file (ex. ipt, iam, ex). Than, if for example, I create a part Test.ipt that manages 2 Model States inside Itself, in Vault I cannot revise these last two. But only the first one, the original. Is It possible to add a tool like "create components" but with the aim to generate new parts  .ipt for each Model State, maintaining the relationship with the original one? In this way I'll be able to continue to manage and modify from the original part the two Model States, the two parts generated from the Model States will be updated, and than I'll be able to manage the revisions separately.  Naturally the same tool to manage iam assembly in the same way...

2 Comments
swalton
Mentor

As I understand it, Vault Pro uses Items to manage the Lifecycles/Revisions of different Model States in the same file.  

https://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-A6C34246-4C97-4EC9-B3CD-79B4DCB68A52

RajSchmidt
Advisor

Hi @daniele.bordin, as @swalton  said, Vault revisions are tied to individual files. So you solve your problem you should work with iParts instead of Model States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report