Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge parts and assemblies

merge parts and assemblies

Warning, out of the box:

In my opinion Inventor should offer more integration of multibody parts. My opinion there shouldn't be a distinction whether working in part or assembly environment.

Below is how and why I think so:

Natively functionality to derive and or place a part within a part, as well as derive and or place an assembly in a part, and a (single) body in a part or assembly etc.

Maybe an assembly is unnecessary at all when all assembly functionalities/feastures would be available in the part environment...,

This also means that every single body within a part should be equipped with the same properties as a single part, for BOM purposes etc.

And on idw, it should be possible to place a single body.

When Inventor behaves like I wrote, this should save a massive time-consuming job to generate all those parts, assemblies, assembly constraints, afterwards.

It also could mean a new environment within Inventor, to work in one level instead of a tree structure

4 Comments

Such an environment is available - it is Fusion 360. Or NX for greater challenges (especially for surface modeling).

ReinierP5648
Enthusiast
I know there is in fusion. i don't want to use 2 pieces of software. I am Inventor user, that's what this is about
##- Please typer reply above this line -##

Verzonden vanaf Outlook voor Android<>

You don't need to use two programs. you can transfer. Inventor has a specific interface and a specific workflow. But there are many solutions on the market and everyone can choose the right one for themselves.

This post is from the category, I bought milk chocolate. But I like dark chocolate. But I don't want to buy myself dark chocolate. Why my milk chocolate isn't dark? LOL

ReinierP5648
Enthusiast
Well I don't know but I'm in the community section "Inventor Ideas" ....
Any Idea here might probably be the wrong ordered chocolate!
Let's remove the whole section then

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report