Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure tool improvement - maximum distance and dynamic distance

Measure tool improvement - maximum distance and dynamic distance

Currently the measure tool in 2018 gives the minimum distance as well as the x,y,z distances between finite objects you select.

The above only works on finite objects that you've selected, though.  When selecting non parallel lines or splines, for example, you really only get minimum distance and, somewhat meaningless, x,y,z distances.

I propose adding two features:

1.  Add a maximum distance measurement
  2. Add a drag-able dimension bar for dynamic measurement

Thanks for your considerationmeasure update.png

5 Comments
swaveck.keller
Contributor

Good Idea

esmith53
Advocate
Thanks. I think it would prove very useful.
AlexZW28B
Advocate

I just came from another post where similar idea posted has supposedly been "implemented" .... this is Definitely not implemented... I constantly am measuring from 1 flat edge to a circle edge... you know, for maximum product dimensions... and I get the most useless info of Minimum... there are times where it is is useful, but Maximum is equally helpful. Autodesk... again, a half-implemented solution... you better start eating away at these user suggestions/list. At this point, I am a wholehearted SWx fanboy - due to it's smooth design/engineering program, commands, features, processes - and am now trying to show my colleagues why...

joakim.berglundXY5PA
Community Visitor

Really miss this feature! The maximum value seem like such a basic and wanted feature. All other cad-programs I worked with had it. Take a look at NX measuring program for inspiration.

tstout9GFVP
Enthusiast

Many do not realize how badly they need the max distance measurement, evidently, seeing the low vote count so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report