Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard entry for parameter window - add numeric entry

keyboard entry for parameter window - add numeric entry

can we ask for the keyboard shortcut to be put back into the parameters window please?

a few versions ago we could add user parameters with keyboard shortcuts, no mouse clicks needed most times. I know we have new options under that nowadays but I think it would be possible for a user to have one or more keyboard shortcuts available to him on this topic...

see snapshot below.

so using :

Alt+N gives the basic "Add Numeric" command. (I think this is what we could do years ago)...

then if needed, a user can still burrow down with mouse clicks or even if they prefer perhaps:

Alt+T gives you a selection from the dropdown menu for "Text"

Alt+ F gives other selection from dropdown menu for "True / False".

add numeric shortcut.png

if you have other commands in there as well such as "Purge Unused" etc then you can do the same as a long as you don't double up as in other cases we see already done by developers with browser and various RMB commands and shortcuts.

2 Comments
leblanc2024
Advocate

Thanks @Mark_Wigan.

I always prefer the shortcut than mouse click! Smiley Wink

Regards, Ivon

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really miss this. Inserting several parameters is so tedious when I have to move my hand between my keyboard and my mouse every single time. It is possible to press "tab" twice, "enter", "down arrow", and enter again, but this is tedious too, and one litte mistake and you are better off using the mouse, unless you prefer to tab through the entire window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report