Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio GPU rendering

Inventor Studio GPU rendering

I have a Nvidia RTX 6000, 24GB GPU, which is no use at all with inventor studio.

Regularly I have to render animations for revolving 3D models / Assemblies to create 10 sec videos.

This can take 30-60Hrs at 24fps with 300 render iterations, to get a reasonably clear high quality image.

I have 3DS MAX as part of the PD&MC package, But I don't want to have to change software to just do a render using my GPU.

& when i have put an inventor assembly into 3DS MAX, I am told materials / finishes would not cross over, this is ridiculous since they are both Autodesk products, & i don't have time to re-assign materials ect. to hundreds sometimes thousands of parts! & as a mechanical engineer in my field I have no need for 3DS MAX.

Inventor needs the ability yesterday, which has been brought up time & time again in discussions, to use high powered GPU's like my Nvidia RTX6000 for inventor studio still & animation rendering in inventor studio.

Having the ability to use the whole 24GB power of my GPU would reduce my rendering time to minutes / a few hrs.

Also there is no ability rendering in inventor to re-start a render from a specific frame after a power cut, like in 3DS MAX, and you have to re-start the render from the beginning, not cool, when you have been rendering for 40hrs and are an hr from finishing, with client deadlines to meet!!

3 Comments

Hola.

Leyendo tu comentario, he buscado la pagina de certificaciones de hardware de Autodesk para inventor y aparece tu tarjeta que indicas. En el lateral tienes un descargable prueba haber si te ayuda esto.

Inventor | Hardware de gráficos certificado | Soporte de Autodesk

donny.hayes
Explorer

I agree that there should be a more functionality to Inventor Studio. Autodesk owns both 3DS Max and Maya. They definitely have the capability and knowledge to implement quick high-quality renders. They could also build some better cross functionality between 3DS Max and Inventor. There is no way to have your Inventor model linked to your 3DS Max file. So, if you update your Inventor file and open the 3DS Max file, you have to reimport the model and reassign materials. This functionality is available in Unreal and Unity.

rhys.richardsVEXVB
Participant

No es que, inventor Studio, no use mi GPU de 25 GB en absoluto, y 3DS max apenas la usa. ¡Creo que a Autodesk simplemente no le importa!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report