Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor revision cloud

Inventor revision cloud

I'd like to see a native Inventor tool to draw a revision cloud on a drawing. I know about the DrawingTools add-in, but this tool often gets very slow (when you draw large clouds). I also would like the functionality to draw a rectangular shape (or any other shape) which will be converted to a cloud.

Basically the same revision cloud tool which is already in AutoCAD.

Regards, Daniël

194 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

man I'd love me some revcouds would solve a lot of headaches!

RStancescu
Collaborator

I agree again with @kent_wold 

Keep voting to pass 350 this spring.

I promise I will have friends to pass the 300 votes today!

Only number of votes will raise the awareness of this topic.

By the way, we are in construction and fabrication and I need to install it on more than 100 computers in four different countries... but I got so used into do it as almost i included in a deployment...

Be happy and stay safe!

radu

PS: VOTE !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

what will happen first 

- this thing gets enough votes to be implemented in inventor 2023

- bernie gets enough votes to win the presidency in 2020!!??

RStancescu
Collaborator

We made it to 300 votes as promised!

@Anonymous I think none of those will happen...

Can we have Bernie mention Inventor Cloud? If his voters can have Adsk accounts and vote for Inv cloud, we promise we Inv Cloud Users will vote for him this year or in four / 8 years.

Good one, stay optimistic!

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

300.gif

Happy 300 votes everyone!

kent_wold
Enthusiast

Here is another worthy candidate for your votes if you would be so kind.. Custom Section Marks located HERE

blessing86
Enthusiast

It needs to have the function of either being able to draw a rectangular boundary or a polyline path

benny_wellekens
Enthusiast

Good idea.

Should be implemented a long time ago.

Kind regards,

Benny

It's shame that such a basic feature as the revision cloud is still not native in Inventor. What an oversight.

kent_wold
Enthusiast

Agreed... though it is an understandable oversight since revisions are generally flagged and noted not clouded in most mechanical drafting standards it is something that is far overdue to come to Inventor. 

This and some other customizable items like section marks etc would really bring Inventor even more advantage than it has currently in extending beyond being a manufacturing solution. In some ways it could compete with Revit and actually in my eyes Revit and Inventor should be blended into a single package. They barely communicate now!

RStancescu
Collaborator

Keep voting and make people aware about this possible feature.

Vote!

RStancescu
Collaborator

Hi all

I hope you guys are safe and doing good.

I posted this idea on the AUGI Wish List, maybe you have time to like the wish.

https://www.augi.com/wish-list

Vote on AUGI

Vote here on the Forum

Vote until Nov 3.

Stay safe and healthy.

radu

cfairfowl
Enthusiast
Hi and thanks for the message,

I’ve given up on this. Autodesk must have a very good reason for not having a rev cloud tool in Inventor so I’ll do what I always do - find a work around.

Good luck.

Regards.

Chris.
whamlin
Advocate

Anybody ever watch the old Sci-fi movie from 1974, "Dark Star"? ...directed by John Carpenter.

The Captain is dead but able to communicate from suspended animation. The crew can't communicate with earth (or are being ignored?) They have a self-aware bomb capable of destroying an entire planet which is armed and ready to detonate attached to the ship.

We just need happy little rev clouds, no problem.

cfairfowl
Enthusiast
Happiness is like a butterfly, The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, It will come and softly sit on your shoulder.

Viktor Frankl

Let me know when the rev cloud has landed on my shoulder - I may not notice its presence.

Cheers
wgraham
Advocate

@RStancescu

God bless you man.  I honestly don't know where you find the energy to continue to fight this lost cause.

Thanks,

William 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I kind of hope that rev clouds never come, so that we can continue this thread until I'm old and in a nursing home.   It will be something to keep me occupied.  I guess I'll still be working on fiver doing CAD for $.50/hr.

cfairfowl
Enthusiast
I have found a work around that works just
as good as the AutoCad rev cloud so I’m not fussed either way. It would save a little time but that’s all.

Cheers.

wgraham
Advocate

I didn't think the fact that convoluted work arounds exist was the point of this request.    The link below is a more reliable workaround than the current software, but it's not how I want to work.

Reliable Revision Clouds for Inventor 

Thank you for your support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report