Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Mirror - dialogue box

Improve Mirror - dialogue box

Hi,

Please add the name of the planes to the dialogue box!! it makes NO SENSE to waste time to wait for tooltips to display the name of the planes! See the picture where i tried to show what I mean.

And, where possible,  please STOP hiding things under tooltips or under tabs with one option!

Regards,

Adrian

mirror dlg.PNG

7 Comments
swalton
Mentor

I rename the origin planes in my template to FRONT, TOP, RIGHT.  If this idea is implemented, I would like it to pull the browser names for the planes, not the default ones.  

Rodica.Mangau
Participant

I agree with swalton. If you rename the planes in the mirror window to have the renamed planes not the origin.

leowarren34
Mentor

I third it, what is the point of a static box when parametrics and customisation change that, not only for mirror but othe dialogue boxes.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [26327]. Thanks!

leowarren34
Mentor

Cheers @dan_szymanski 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2020.1 (per the title "Improve Mirror Dialog Box"). We aligned the quick access work plane controls vertically to be consistent with how they are displayed within an Assembly Mirror operation. Unfortunately we are unable to display the names of the origin work planes as they are not static (as mentioned, they can be renamed). Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

minventionb
Community Visitor

the mirror dialog box doesn't show up in the newest version of Fusion for me.
It's also not hiding on a second screen or sth.
How can I get the dialog box back???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report