Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic code snippets for Vault operations.

iLogic code snippets for Vault operations.

I'm not a programer, so haven't gotten to the stage of creating external dll files that I call from my code yet... So I think the following code snippets would be very usefull to include in iLogic snippets. Basicly I want to be able to do have access to the vault from inventor to accomplish all vault realated functionality that is available inside inventor, here are a few examples.

I'd like to have a code snippet that runs a search in vault and returns a true/false.

I'd like to have a code snippet that is able to pass a search into Vault from iLogic and get/check out the file or folder and all releated documents.

I'd like to have a code snippet that allows me to change the state of a vaulted file or folder.

I'd like to have a code snippet that allows me to check files in/out of the vault.

I'd like to have a code snippet that allows me to place a component from the vault into an assembly or derived part.

3 Comments
swalton
Mentor

Don't forget changing lifecycle states.

You might make a post on the Vault Ideastation too.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [28845]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2024. Please review the Inventor 2024 What's New article here, for more information regarding how you may leverage these capabilities with Vault Professional. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report