Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homepage save group of documents

Homepage save group of documents

This is a productivity feature

What I suggest is to have a posibility to somehow save all opened document to a group (not actually saving the documetns, but save "document paths" of opened documents), which then displays on homepage as pile under which there are these documents. When I single-click on that tile, Inventor would automatically open all documents saved in that group (instead of having to pin documents, manually open them, etc.). Of course, this would be project specific, like it is now with recent documents.

Little context:
At my work, we often work on more than one document at a time. When we work on project we often open and switch between various parts/assemblies, we edit them and close them. It is impossible to have one master assembly, in which there are all related subdocuments. When there is the end of the day, we have to stop working, close all documents, and tomorrow we open them again.

Because there is a lot of these documents we have to open, it is hard to remember which ones are finished and which ones to open. What I did is that I developped macro, that saves document paths of all opened documents to a .txt file. Then I have different macro that I run at morning, which open all documents (from the .txt file that I created yesterday). When there is the end of the day, I run again macro to create new .txt file that replace the old one. I noticed that when I do this, I never forget to some document and my work is much more productive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report