Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator Drawings

Frame Generator Drawings

When you are designing a frame, the frame generator tool is a really great tool to use. However when it comes to creating drawings it starts to become a nightmare, for example i have designed a frame with mulitple different members and plates etc i would like to be able to draw each column separate with its plates that are welded to it to do this i have to create a drawing view and turn off all the other frame parts to just see the the column i want with the required plates. In fusion 360 i believe there is a function that allows to select that you want to start a drawing and it lets you selects the parts that you want included this works great and would be nice in inventor  

1 Comment
pcrawley
Advisor

Fusion 360 doesn't have anything close to Frame Generator, so not sure how you arrived at that comparison.  However, I do like the idea of being able to more easily select all the connected parts to a frame member & draw it. View Representations are OK, but you can end up with a nightmare managing them.

I typically use the "Demote Frame Generator Components" to build sub-assemblies in my frame models.  That way, I get an .iam file containing just the bits you want to create the drawing for.  In the screenshot below you can see the single top-level frame assembly (arrowed) - and the frame sub-assemblies (circled).  Each sub-assembly can be opened and drawn like any other assembly.

03.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report