Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator create part members in correct model space

Frame Generator create part members in correct model space

when creating part members they are not currently created in correct model space this is an issue because if you open a part member and derive the skeleton through it will not be in the correct place. So if you have custom cut outs that you want to associate it makes it very difficult to do this. Please change this!   

current

77.JPG

what it should be

78.JPG

3 Comments
cmcconnell
Collaborator

The Frame Generator used to work this way - but they re-architected it for performance reasons. We do not use it for members that need cutouts or holes etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i use frame generator i always start with the "skeleton part", in this part i try to put a much parameters as needed to build my frame.

Then i put my frame over the skeleton part. sometimes we need to cut holes in the frame members. So easy as it is double click on frame in assy mode place sketch project geo from skeleton part (frame becomes adaptive) and your good to go. Several times when i'm using adaptive suddenly my link with the skeleton part get lost. When changes are made to the "skeleton part" frame wouldn't update anymore. (my fix here delete frame members and start over)  so i'm not a really big fan of using the adaptive tool.

I would like to use derive component (original skeleton part) in the frame member part, in that derived part i can create all the feature i need, so then i could make holes cut everything that i want in the frame member part without being adaptive.

unfortunately the frame member is always placed on 0,0. The frame member starts in x0y0z0. While it should be for example : x67871,0024-y7895,1254-z100025,1100.

My derived holes and cuts are completly in wrong co system to use here.

It would be very handy to have the frame member placed at the relative coordinates system, analog to the derived part, so then it's a lot easier to combine several features togheter with only one basic derived "skeleton part" member

Feature can be changed in assy in all the frame member without being adaptive.

Tags (3)
Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

this is duplicate. vote for my original here. They probably will get merged  

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/frame-generator-create-part-members-in-correct-model-s...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report