Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't lose changes to Options, UI, and Recent Docs lists when Inventor crashes

Don't lose changes to Options, UI, and Recent Docs lists when Inventor crashes

Currently, changes to the Application Options, interface customizations, and Recent Documents lists are stored when Inventor is exited (closed).

This means that if Inventor crashes, changes to them are lost.

As a result, after an Inventor crash:

• We have to re-apply any customizations or option changes we made, which requires remembering precisely every change that was made--often impossible or more trouble than it's worth after several times of this happening.
  • We have to browse to every file we were working on to re-open it (which, again, requires remembering which files we had open and where they are located)

The solution:

• Customizations made using dialog boxes (Application Options, Customize, iLogic Configuration, etc.) should be stored as soon as "OK" or "Apply" is selected.
  • UI customizations made directly (i.e. to the Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, Browser Bar location, etc.) should be stored as soon as they are made (or at least provide a "Store UI changes" button).
  • Opened documents should be immediately stored in the Recent Documents lists inside "My Home" and the "File" menu (or otherwise provide a method for recent documents to be re-opened after a crash--this may be a great idea in itself)
2 Comments
cmcconnell
Collaborator

I agree this has been a pain since I started using IV.

My workaround for this:

When I make changes, I always export the changes before I close the App Options dialog. If I need the settings again, I can import them.

pball
Advisor

I just had Inventor crash on me twice after making some right click option changes and I finally just closed Inventor the third time around to make sure they saved. Then I came over here and happened to find this idea before even searching, how lucky (or unlucky) that other people are as annoyed as I am.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report