Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decal to 3D PDF

Decal to 3D PDF

Hi all.

I would like to see the option to "Include Decals" in the export to 3D PDF dialog.

At the moment when you export to 3D PDF the decal is lost (this is the same for exporting to Showcase and A360).  This would be a big selling point to all users and marketers who need to send lightweight viewables to their clients with logos, warning labels etc.  This is possible when saving to DWFx but PDF and A360 would be great.

I have attached example files. 

Kind Regards.

11 Comments
Marco.Takx
Mentor

I was just looking at the ideastation is someone already post this for 3D PDF. 

I already post this Idea for DWF(x). 

Decal within DWF(x)

Carl_mgfx
Advocate

I could not find an idea post specifically for exporting decals to PDF.  If you know of one I would appreciate a link to it and I will Kudo it.

We have many customers that were asking for the 3D PDF functionality and an enhancement to include the decals would enable us to sell the 3D PDF functionality better to these customers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very very good idea. Include surface also in the export!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Please can Autodesk add decal images in 3D pdf's. This would great to represent designs to clients and also for manufacturing to help communicate to production better.

To show what the final item will look like. 

Kind Regards

Charlie  

Raider_71
Collaborator

Hi guys I find it difficult to believe that this is something that Autodesk has not been able to do. This has been asked so many times before and even for the DWF format. Solidworks have been able to do this for a while now. Please see the sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6kbhesnan3b93y/Loft.PDF?dl=1

Please, Autodesk! Add this functionality for us. Make 3D PDF Export a complete feature and not a half-baked one...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I could not be more agreed on this one!

BR
Steinar Soerem
Kongsberg Maritime
Carl_mgfx
Advocate

I would like to update this Idea with adding the export of decals to .collaboration for shared views.  Autodesk is pushing collaborative workflows but for many industries (shopfitting, product design etc.) these decals are vital for collaboration.  Not having them included in the shared view is a massive negative!

All model textures should be included with exporting a 3D PDF, not just the decals.

BTW, DWF does support decals and textures.  I wish 3D PDFs from Inventor did : (

Thank you,

Stephen R.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not just 3D PFD, but also for other CAD export types to use for VR and in Navisworks.

Franck_DELCUSE
Contributor

Hello to all,
unfortunately even in Inventor 2023 the decal function is still not exportable to 3D PDF

😞

speltosvaistine
Community Visitor

The only solution to make decals apear in 3D is:

1. Export the part or assembly as DWF format.
  2. Go to https://a360.autodesk.com/ and sign in with the user account.
  3. Upload the DWF file 
  4. Share the link

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report