Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create "Review Mode" to avoid "dirty" files with Vault when remove visibility or Section View

Create "Review Mode" to avoid "dirty" files with Vault when remove visibility or Section View

On Inventor, connected to Vault, when a user just want to open an assembly or a part just to check and review the file: if he only change camera view (fort example create a section View or remove visibility of a part) the file become "dirty" (need to be saved), Vault ask to check it out. For a lot of reason (locked by life cycle , released file, already cheed-out by another user), the user cannot check out the file. (attached picture "Review_Mode.png").

So, can you add a "Review Mode" to avoid that the file become "dirty"? For example on the "Environments" tab, a "Review Mode" that change the behavior in the file, it become "read only"  until the user disable "Review Mode.

Open with "Invetor read only" is not a solution. Because in the same time the user modify other files (that are checked out).

Thank you.

2 Comments
marina.collet
Advocate

If the user answers "Yes" when asked "continue with edits" then they would not get any warning any more... nor any reminder that their file is locked and cannot be saved...

A frequent scenario: I open an assembly file to check something, change the visibility settings (e.g. hide a file). When asked to check out: I answer NO. When asked to "continue with edits" I answer YES.
Then a work-mate comes and interrupts. We go get a coffee (or lunch, or a meeting starts, or any lengthy interruption arises)... Then I go back to my work, check my assembly file (open in Inventor) and see something that needs to be changed, I add a part, or change a constraint,... and work, work, work... And then I want to save my changes... And I can't because my file is locked.
This is very fustrating.

marina.collet
Advocate

An alternative would be not to flag the file as dirty when users change visibility options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report