Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste Tweaks in IPN Files.

Copy and Paste Tweaks in IPN Files.

Yesterday when building an IPN file it occured to me how much time could be saved if users could copy and paste tweaks from one part to the next. 

How many time have you tweaked a part only to realize that you missed a sub component and have to go back and redo all of the same tweaks you just did to the forgotten part?  A simple copy and paste would save so much time here.

Thanks,

Tom

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you switch your filter to tweak view you can select the component at the bottom of the browser tree and drag it up into the appropriate translate. This isnt to say the ipn ui and process doesn't need improvements.

ThomasSwanson
Advocate

Thanks for the work around.  I never would have thought about doing it that way. 

Its still tedious and you can't add multiple tweaks to a single part in one command but it is faster than redoing each tweak.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how to do this with 2018 IPNS? I was on an old version of 2015 for a while and relied on using the copy paste function all the time to add parts to a particular tweak, now in 2018 I can't figure out how to do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with our Technical Support company only to find out that the Copy and Paste a Tweak functionality is no longer available in 2018. So disappointed!!! I have a 50 part .ipn file that has to be tweaked from scratch because I created a new View Representation with a few part differences.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report