Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable and Harness real time length

Cable and Harness real time length

Hi there,

When using the "Move3D/Rotate" tool in cable and harness, it would be nice to have a realtime display of the current length of the wire as you move points around. Alternatively, the ability to set the wire length between the two connectors when creating a wire.

For example if we buy in a 1m cable, I would model it in and would like to route that cable around my model, obviously the cable already has a fixed length so would just need adjusting points to layout the cable nicely around other components.

I hope that makes sense.

Warren 

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats exactly what we are looking for!

max length and a real time cable length info

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

F_P
Explorer
Explorer

+1 here

This functions would be very welcome (both the "real time" and "fixed" length) and this idea should be raised again!

warren_ramsdale
Advocate

Sadly Autodesk has made no changes to Wiring And Harness in over 4 years and looks like Solidworks and Co. have overtaken them in functionality, probably because they listen to their customers. 

If Autodesk wants to be taken seriously as an ultimate "product design" tool they must embrace all aspects of product design and not just bundle random junk into their packages.... end of rant!    

jumatuun
Contributor

Yes. It is strange that one cannot make a fixed length cables. I thought it was quite basic thing to do when you model things with cables.

till.borkowski
Explorer

Wäre immernoch schön, so eine Funktion zu haben.

Or something to freeze the cable length.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report