Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection Angle Tolerance

Bolted Connection Angle Tolerance

Is this level of precision really necessary? Can we knock off a half dozen decimal places? This makes bolted connections not work. Robot Frustrated

2017-10-05 09_12_46-Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018 - [9772GA].jpg

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

The tool Bolted connection is a great tool.

But always I have the problem to use it by connection to steel profiles.

Because the face is not flat.

It gets worse, the beveled washers in the content center don't have the same angle as the structural steel shapes. In reality, that isn't a problem, but in inventor it means no constraints ever work.

asiu
Advocate

@shawn.payne

Sorry, previous comment was not addressing your concern.

metamere
Contributor

Yeah, it should work the same way for bolt circle alignment, maybe with a precision tolerance option.  If one part's bolt circle is created with a circular pattern, and the other is created with a set of x-y coordinates rounded to three decimal places, they should be able to be lined up with a centerline coincidence constraint and a hole to hole axis coincidence constraint.  As it is, you have to do an angular constraint, since the holes are off by something like .0002" and don't "line up".

B_Bevelander
Enthusiast

The idea is to be able to select slanted termination plane during the creation of a bolted connection.

I'm currently working on a situation where i have a 5mm thick plate that i need to fasten to a DIN1026-1 U120, yet the Bolted Connection feature won't allow me to select the inside flange of the the U120, which is slanted.

Even though the content center has fasteners for situations like this (see DIN 434), they don't appear in the selection when working on Bolted Connections.

v.krempel
Contributor

Up

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report