Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

be able to change the visability of elements of a pattern

be able to change the visability of elements of a pattern

You can change the visability of a pattern but not the individual elements

15 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can. You just have to do it within the model tree. It would be nice to be able to do it from the model though.

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

No you cant do it from the browser try it

jletcher
Advisor

yes you can you need to try it. you can from the browser and you can from the graphics window with part priority ..

Been there from day one of Inventor..

yes1.JPG

yes2.JPG

Try it........

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

NO YOU CANT OF ELEMENT NOT PART

8.JPG

jletcher
Advisor

An element is nothing the part is under the element the element is the consumed part you want to turn the viz off on.....

GET TRAINED.......

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

YOU GET TRAINING ( your 337 vs my 552 kudos says it all)  I KNOW YOU CAN DO THAT BUT IF YOU HAVE LOTS OF PARTS UNDER AN ELEMENT AND YOU WANT TO TURN OFF THE VISIBILITY OF VARIOUS ELEMENTS YOU CANT YOU HAVE TO DIG IN TO EVERY ONE. THAT'S WHY I ADDED THIS IDEA. I HAVE SEEN SOME OF YOUR COMMENTS BEFORE YOU ARE ALL WAYS NEGATIVE IF YOU HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO ADD THEN KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!!

jletcher
Advisor

LOL kudos add up all my names and you are no where near me.  Plus kudos is nothing to the solution and I believe you have what "one" lol that's funny how many under this name do I have oh 96 and add up the other names 264 I believe.

You need to word it different not

"You can change the visibility of a pattern but not the individual elements"

Because you can do that, what you should have put was:

"I know I can drill down the element to turn the visibility of the parts off but it would be nice if you can do the element because you may have 100 parts in one element."

Now that everyone would understand you knew you could drill down to do it.. But what you put, I was hoping someone would post the answer but then you said no you can't try it. Right there you should not have posted that but a better understanding of your idea. Then I would not have even posted. To me you had no clue how to turn the visibilty of the part off in a pattern.

Plus why if one element is in your way why not turn the pattern off?

What will you gain from this? but the same thing as turn the pattern off....

And nothing in this post is negative.

After what I posted you should have seen no one understands what you want because you did not word it right.

YELLING IS NOT HELPING YOU NEITHER TRY TO EXPLAIN IT BETTER...

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

yet again you need training as supress would change the bom count. I have trained many people if you like I could schedule some time for you Smiley LOL

jletcher
Advisor

But you are not leaving it off you only want it turned off temporary so what does the count matter ?

I knew it would remove from count but you would not leave it suprressed...

As soon as you get to my level (will never happen Smiley LOL) then maybe.....

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

thats ok i am far passed that i know the diffence between visability and supress for a start and yes iam leaving it off as i was setting up a view rep also i have run into this before on drawings when manually needing to turn elements of a pattern off from the broswer only to have to dig through all the elements.  

jletcher
Advisor

I think there is an idea for that in here but I think it addresses the whole pattern not the elements. 

So basically an option added to the drop list for all parts under this element visibility off To save a few clicks. 

Wonder if this could be done with ilogic have you looked into that for a work around for now. For some reason I think I seen it when browsing. 

I think it ask to pick the element and it does the turn off and on for you.

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

Well i have some rules running that supress elements but haven't had the need to automate the visabilty for this yet but would be nice to have the option for the visability through the browser.

DRoam
Mentor

This idea makes perfect sense.

We can change the visibility of a complete Pattern.

We should be able to change the visibility of a pattern element (i.e. instance).

See a related idea here for the same thing but with suppression rather than visibility: Supress all patterned parts in the element knot

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report