Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Professional for Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)?

Autodesk Inventor Professional for Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)?

Hello,

Maybe it's just too much to ask, but I think Autodesk Inventor for Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu) would be great. Linux is becomming more and more used in a great variety of industries. I always find Linux more stable than windows and considering almost every computer in the world runs windows, a change would be in order. Viewing keynotes I have found that the most complex and inovative things are created mostly in Linux. Pixar for example uses RedHat, great that Autodesk Maya runs on Linux. How about other Autodesk applications? I think creating also a Linux version would increase the market potential significantly. Linux has higher memory, CPU, Hardware limits as the low limits on Windows, which would make it possible for huge assemblies and better model interactivity. Autodesk Inventor is my favorite software, I would love for it to support more operating systems. Maybe in the future?

Thankyou

24 Comments
rtp43
Community Visitor

Poking this with a stick again now that AI can likely re-write the Mac version to run natively on Linux without breaking a sweat. I am also fairly certain that if the Mac version were written correctly, the same version could be installed on either platform, so they would still only supporting 2 versions, and it would help justify continuing the Mac version.

joh13399
Enthusiast

+1 for this. I have to run inventor on a VM, and it's not great. 

raman_tejas24
Community Visitor

+1 Linux - I use Linux and, at this point, I keep Windows around to run Inventor and Fusion (mostly Inventor).

ocpistol
Participant

Same I use linux on everything accept one rack mounted pc to run Inventor and fusion. I know I can get fusion working through wine. Lets go native!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report