Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert the user that suppressed parts (Model States) prevent refreshing content center parts.

Alert the user that suppressed parts (Model States) prevent refreshing content center parts.

I was working on a large Assembly the other day when I realized I had to update some descriptions in my custom Content Center library.  However, when I went to push those updates onto my model BOM with the Refresh command, nothing happened when I clicked the button.  It turns out you cannot refresh a file while there are suppressed parts, but there is nothing to indicate this to the user in terms of prompts or alerts.  I suggest adding a pop up error to the Refresh command to alert the user to the problem when attempting to refresh while there are suppressed parts. 

For those of you who run into this issue and are looking for solutions, a possible work around is to make the primary Model State in all your sub-assemblies free of all part suppressions so that you can easily switch to Primary whenever you need to refresh your content center files, then switch back to the appropriate Model State.  In the future, ideally we would be able to refresh content center parts even while other parts are suppressed to circumvent this issue entirely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report