Did you mean: 

Add hole type counterbored+countersunk

Add hole type counterbored+countersunk

Self explaining

Immagine.jpg

31 Comments
DRoam
Mentor

By the way... if anyone now finds it very confusing trying to follow the 4-5 threads/conversations that have now been merged into one, please consider voting for this following idea in the Community IdeaStation: When Ideas are merged, show which thread comments were originally on.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

@Curtis_Waguespack & @cody_evjen,

Cody, as Curtis indicated the Inventor Team actively reviews the many Ideas generated within this forum.  It is no small task to conduct admin work in cleaning up duplicates & preventing votes from being split.

Curtis, you are too kind.  I appreciate the related link.  I took action and merged the Idea into this one as they were in fact duplicate requests.  Likewise the votes were merged.  Missed you at AU this year.  Cheers.

To both of you & previous comment authors - thanks for your efforts and contributions toward perfecting Inventor.  The entire Inventor Engineering team greatly appreciates your time & attention to our Ideas forums.  We are doing our best, however thanks to everyone here, we have no shortage of Ideas to work on & potentially implement.  Finest Regards - Dan

kstate92
Collaborator

Actually, I meant a second (or more) different drill diameters and depths in the same dialog (not including the port forming nor tapping as they are separate iFeatures).

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Countersunk DrillbitsCountersunk Drillbits

I really wish Autodesk would fix this, so that we do not have to use iFeatures to create the correct holes as machined.

Drillbits is used, and for a 6mm countersunk screw, the outer diameter is 12,4. It would be nice if the counterbore depth was set default to the correct depth value, but was possible to override as well.

Rausch-Technik
Observer

test.jpg

Unbenannt.PNG

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

In Inventor 2019, the hole concept changed why it was not included? This theme has enough of votes. How much is still needed? Is it so hard to program?

Cadmanto
Mentor

I almost added another idea for this very same topic.  Guess this is what happens when an idea floats out there for too long!!!  🤔

Below is my English version of the same concept. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/countersunk-holes-w-depth/m-p/9331959#M778963 

This so most have me and my team voted. We are just try to find the best way around this problem ourself 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not very good not being able to put one of these recessed counterbore holes in. Basic engineering

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been 4 years that this has been under future consideration and it has existed on all major competitor platforms for longer than that; please add this functionality.

kincaid05
Observer

Please fix this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report