Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A New Inventor Finish Type - Reference

A New Inventor Finish Type - Reference

I really like the additional flexibility "Finish" provides to the modeling/development experience. It would be nice to have the ability to apply some additional use-cases to this functionality by adding "Reference" as a Finish Type. Having this as an option would be nice when it comes to modeling large assemblies, you could colorize the project into phases to allow users to quickly see project development, or it would be used to colorize wiring, cables, electrical equipment by what phase they are on, what circuit they are on, etc. I understand it's not a "Finish" in the general sense, but would allow this tool to be used for infinitely more possibilities than it currently is/can be used for.

Does anyone else find this type of thing being beneficial? Setting up a colorized model state at the top-level assembly to show phasing, circuits, voltage - would be INCREDIBLY beneficial, and that's just in my industry. Imagine where this could go with other industries - the possibilities are endless...

Nice work guys!

2 Comments
swalton
Mentor

I normally use different Design View Reps or Model States for showing different build steps.  Why use a Finish feature when there are two existing methods?

NateFarringer
Enthusiast

This is true - I never tested View Reps by adding colorization to specific options. The selection method is slightly archaic, but this does work well once completed. How does one delete a post or move it to the bad idea board?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report