Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 Home Screen

2023 Home Screen

Restore the 2022 version Home Screen in 2023, or else allow the option to enable the previous or "Legacy" functionality.

95 Comments
FrodoZhou
Autodesk

Hi @PrismaVigevano ,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots, that is helpful.

I understand your personal template's needs, you can still do that from the drop-down, it will take a few clicks. How often do you use your personal templates? 

The iProperties, Search box and a few other enhancements are on our to-do list, again feel free to check out our latest Alpha build as Chris mentioned above.

The float action menus on hover are in our long term roadmap as well.

Frodo

PrismaVigevano
Participant

Thanks huliang2009 for your kind reply.

I use personal templates daily, quite often (I usually draw a lot of new parts); is not only personal templates, also "Assieme saldato" (in italian, "Weld assembly" in English, perhaps) is some click away in new layout.

I understand that "it will take a few clicks", but some cliks here, some click there... 🙂

Out of curiosity: why float action menus on hover was dismissed?

G.Binl
Advocate

HI We are converting from 2021 to 2023 UGH,

I'm in and out of projects all day this has added more time fussing around with clicking here and there.

How do I pin the Project list to my home screen like it was. I agree with @Anonymous There are many other issues that need to be addressed but for now how to pin my projects to home. 

FrodoZhou
Autodesk

Hi @G.Binl,

Can you please share more info about "pin my projects to home" including these to help us better understand your needs?

• What do you want to achieve with that?
  • Do you mean to have all your projects visible at the same time?
  • Or do you mean to access the project configurations like workspace, libraries folder, subfolders from Home?
  • Or something else?

Thank you.

Frodo

G.Binl
Advocate

Hi @Frodo , @FrodoZhou 

hope you are well,

this works but is annoying.

GBinl_2-1653669622268.png

This allows us a double check and is easier to read and allows any update that is needed quickly

GBinl_3-1653670172238.png

FrodoZhou
Autodesk

Hi @G.Binl ,

Thank you for the screenshots. From there it looks you get lots of projects, which could make it challenging for you to navigate and select the right project. Is this project update something you need to do just one time because of Inventor 2023 upgrade, or something you will need to do on a regular basis going forward?

Also, if you need to review and update some of the project configurations is there anything that prevents you from doing all of those on the Project Editor dialog? The Projects drop-down control is just a way to quickly switch/activate a new project, other than updating the project configurations so they serve a different purpose.

If you have ideas what a better experience looks like for the projects switch drop down please feel free to share a mockup.

Regards,

Frodo

grahamriddellsfx
Contributor

Not a big fan of the new home screen layout.

No option to delete all unpinned documents.......crazy.

FrodoZhou
Autodesk

Hi @grahamriddellsfx ,

Delete All unpinned is in our to do list. Before that is available, you can set your max recent files to a lower number to minimize the traffic there on the Application Options dialog, the default is 199. Thanks.

Frodo  

FrodoZhou
Autodesk

HI Everyone,

In case you're not aware, we just released the Inventor 2023.1 Beta1 recently which includes a bunch of new App Home features and enhancements. You're more than welcome to check it out and share feedback with us. You will need to join our Beta program to access that.

Thanks,

Frodo

ChrisMitchell01
Community Manager

Note: If you're not already an Inventor Beta tester then you can apply for access using http://Autode.sk/InventorBeta

Thanks,

Chris

b.mccarthy
Collaborator

Is this approved for use in a production environment?

ChrisMitchell01
Community Manager

Yes the 2023.1 Beta can be used in production - that's the best way for any underlying issues to be discovered/reported.

Since it's a Beta it'll need to be uninstalled/reinstalled when the official build is released.

-Chris

LoenjaSelter
Participant

For what its worth the feature I miss from the 2022 home screen is the ability to create a new document from a custom template without the extra clicks.

We have several templates with some automation logic that we use on a regular basis, being able to double click on the required template immediately without having to open the new... drop down then selecting browse, and then finding the template would be great.

FrodoZhou
Autodesk

Hi @LoenjaSelter,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'll be happy to look into what we can do here. Can you please help me understand?

1. Have you tried the Application Options->File->Configure Default Template settings? That will allow you to configure the default templates under the New button drop-down, you can also change the default template folder there. Yes, you will still need to click the drop-down.
  2. Other than showing the advanced templates access, is there anything we can do to meet your needs? Please feel free to share mockup if you have ideas.

P.S. you don't need to click the drop down to browse templates, you can just click the New... button to do the same.

Thanks,

Frodo

LoenjaSelter
Participant

@FrodoZhou 

Changing the default template settings did not achieve what I wanted.

We have several difference product configurators set up as templates, mostly assemblies, so setting the default template for assemblies does not really help as I want to be able to choose from more than one for each template type.

I have found though that using 'Application Options > General > Startup' File New dialog has a similar effect, albeit with an annoying modal dialog/window.

Observer

Ich vermisse die Sortierung zuletzt geöffnete Dateien im Homebilschirm. Hat einem die Suche enorm erleichtert!

Gruß, Peter

FrodoZhou
Autodesk

Hi  Peter @25011970,

The sorting by open date capability is being added, it will very likely be available in Inventor 2023.1. Thanks for your feedback.

Frodo

Observer
Wonderful. Thanks , Peter
FrodoZhou
Autodesk

Hi,

Inventor 2023.1 just went live, includes quite some App Home enhancements that you might be interested such as these. Feel free to give it a try and let me know what do you think.

• New Open Date column in recent files
  • Search recent files
  • Filter recent files including Vault status
  • Right click on recent files to open/explore containing folder, show iProperties
  • App Home does Not participate in window arrangement

Thanks,

Frodo

lee.hughesAA46F
Participant

I really miss the way pinned and unpinned files were separated with the option to delete multiple files of unused-unpinned files that clutter the home screen - I don't want to have to individually delete a huge list of files. Much prefered Inventor 2022 for this. I hope this can be corrected in future update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report