Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login account problem with simulation results in Inventor 2013

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
642 Views, 11 Replies

Login account problem with simulation results in Inventor 2013

Hello There,

last week I had a crash down during running a stress analysis. After the crash, I cannot see results anymore after an analysis. I can set-up my boundary conditions and run the analysis. Also the files are created. But I cannot see them.

A log-in from a different user account on the Windows 10 resulted with a working environment. I can see the results and everything seems to work properly. I seems that I would have to be obliged to run my simulation with another Windows account.

Is there a way to recover my issue? A Re-installation did not help.

My assumption:

The registry in windows created a new entry for my account during the crash, which resulted in a corrupt profile for the analysis setup in Inventor.

I tried to run the registry tracker software RegScanner from NirSoft (I can limit the time frame for the change date). But to find the proper entry, it has to be set a search key, which I don´t really know.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know if the reseting of a User Account in Win10 has changed from Win7 or Win8.1

Try the attached file for reseting the enviroment and see if it solves the issue.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

It didn´t work out.

I did exactly the given steps, except that I didn´t find the path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion0.0
Message 4 of 12
blair

Part of the problem is that Win10 is still not approved for Inventor. I would check that all SP's and Updates for your version of Inventor have been installed.

On Win10 you will want to add support for the older versions of .NET

This can be done from the Programs and Features in the Control Panel, then go to the "Turn Windows features on or off". It should be a check box that needs to be selected to enable the feature and most likely a system restart.

I just installed Win10 on my home machine and laptop, so I'm still getting up to speed on the O/S.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Part of the problem is that Win10 is still not approved for Inventor.  

Win 10 Inventor 2016.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 12
blair
in reply to: JDMather

It would be nice if the user was on IV2016 but is still on IV2013 or has ADSK aproved IV2013 for WIn10 and I missed it.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 12
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

It would be nice if the user was on IV2016 but is still on IV2013 .....

Oops, I missed that. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Yes, the Windows 10 Upgrade could be the deal. But until the crash, everything was working fine so far.

Another User Account doesn't have the issues. A reset of the local user environment given in the old discussion didn't solve the problem.
Message 9 of 12
JDMather

Have you installed all Service Packs and Updates for r2013?

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

My installation seems to have the newest updates with the necessary sp2 update 6.

I doubt that my problem is any window 10 or software related. If so, why can do an other account the simulation and view the results.

My login account is somehow corrupted I guess. We need to reset the environment for my account.

The point is that this suggestion does not work for me or Windows 10 in general:

Resetting the User´s local environment

Message 11 of 12
blair

You may need to do a bit of digging around the Microsoft web-site. I came across this for Win7 but couldn't much for Win10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you very much! I will keep you informed about my progress during the weekend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report