Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woodcarving Letters modelled in Inventor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ProdigalS0n
849 Views, 5 Replies

Woodcarving Letters modelled in Inventor

Hello there

I am looking to model some woodcarving letters into a chopping board that I am making. 

I know that you can emboss / engrave letters in Inventor but I am looking to create a profile like the image below where the extrude tapers to a central line of the text character - rather than the standard inventor cut extrude of the text character like image below.

Inventor HSM text and shape engraving tool

It would be good to create the process as an ifeature so that I can apply it any text.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: ProdigalS0n

@ProdigalS0n wrote:

Hello there

I am looking to model some woodcarving letters into a chopping board that I am making. 

I know that you can emboss / engrave letters in Inventor but I am looking to create a profile like the image below where the extrude tapers to a central line of the text character - rather than the standard inventor cut extrude of the text character like image below.

It would be good to create the process as an ifeature so that I can apply it any text.

Regards

1 - TO create that you will hav to use manual techniques and it will take dozens of hours.
2 - It's impossible to make an iFeature where you can change the type of letter, because every type of letter has is own specific characteristics.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
WHolzwarth
in reply to: CCarreiras

As Carlos mentioned, it's no easy task.

iFeatures are nearly impossible, but a sample file can be created, and used in a derived part (Scaling or Boolean operations).

2017 file and STEP in Zip.

Walter

Smiley Wink Hurry up. Only 25 characters left ..

Letter R.jpg

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
PaulMunford
in reply to: ProdigalS0n

An extrude with taper might get you there?

Autodesk Marketing Manager D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 5 of 6
WHolzwarth
in reply to: PaulMunford

No, Paul.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
ProdigalS0n
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Thank you very much for this - I should be able to play around and get it to work for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report