Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WISHLIST RMB show entity constraints

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
222 Views, 4 Replies

WISHLIST RMB show entity constraints

I'll bring it up again. I figured by R10 it would be included by now unless I am missing it somewhere.

It would really be nice to click on an entity and RMB and have the "Show All Constraints" be "Show Contraints" ie show the contraints for the highlighted entity or entities only.

Pete
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I like that idea...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Pete,

So what you are asking for is that the 'Show Constraints' command that we have in the sketch panel should be a context menu option too?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Yes, and no.

Below is the reason why and the methodology. I was hoping it would be rather obvious.

Currently when you choose the "Show Constraints" button it stays on (as its supposed to). You have to go back and turn it off. It can be an annoying process when you forget you left it on. Also if you highlight one or more entities and click on the "Show Constraints" button, it ignores the pre-chosen entity or entities. You have to pick them again. Once you exit the command the previously highlighted entities return highlighted.

The Wishlist idea is to click on an entity or entities and RMB to show the context menu. Then by choosing "Show Constraints" it would show the contraints for the already highlighted entity or entities.

I could also see the benefit of including "Show Constraints" in the context menu when nothing is selected. This would be an faster way to toggle it on and off.

Pete
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the clarification. I will enter your wishlist item in our system.

In addition, your post suggests a couple of ways we can improve the current "Show Constraints" command:
1. Make it act on pre-selected sketch geometry.
2. Change the cursor while it is active so its easier to remember that you left it on.

Thanks for your input.
- Saket
Inventor Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report