Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire frame to solid

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2566 Views, 2 Replies

Wire frame to solid

I have heard there is an ADD IN for Inventor 2018 Professional that will convert a wire frame to a solid so that I can modify as required.

It is a complex CAD of a 2016 Ford Fiesta.

I need to add more parts to it but it need to be a solid.

I have attached the file.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
The_Angry_Elf
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure about this add-in you mention, but if the wireframe is correct (no open loops, etc), then you should be able to use such as closed loops to generate the solid, or even a surfaces then to solid if need be.

Unfortunately due to security, I can't open your file at the moment to take a look at it.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

The file is not wireframe.

It is an imported stl mesh file.

You must have heard about the AutodeskMeshEnabler.

In any case, I recommend that you create your own native geometry from scratch rather than attempting to edit someone else's stl rubbish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report