Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows version 1903 and Inventor 2018 issues

50 REPLIES 50
SOLVED
Message 1 of 51
ktuckerFNZSW
5669 Views, 50 Replies

Windows version 1903 and Inventor 2018 issues

We have recently updated some pc's with the latest Windows 10 version 1903 updates and found that it causes Inventor 2018  to crash everytime you try to place a component from the content center.

Do anyone know how to resolve this apart from reverting back to Windows version 1803? We have tried to update to Inventor 2018.3.5 but it does not solve the problem.

50 REPLIES 50
Message 2 of 51

@ktuckerFNZSW 

Are you seeing the standard crash report?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 51

Same with Windows 10 1903 and Inventor 2016, and there is NO error report

Message 4 of 51

@Patrick_Expansor 

Just to confirm..  Inventor just exits with no message or crash report?

Are you using desktop content center or using Vault to manage it?

What updates have you applied to Inventor 2016?

@ktuckerFNZSW  and @Patrick_Expansor  have you checked Windows Event logs for warnings and errors around the time this occurred?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 51

Dear Mark,

I just uninstalled version 1903 and now all is working well 🙂

With kind regards

Patrick

Message 6 of 51

These crashes appeared to be related to the ucrtbase.dll    I have now see reports in Inventor 2018 and 2019 as well and the user also has Win 10 1903 version. 

@johnsonshiue  is Autodesk aware of this issue with Win 10 1903 version?

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 51

We did some testing with one of the Windows 10 insider builds last month with Inventor 2019 and 2020. No problems were reported, will take a look with the 1903 release build.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 51

@DannyHubbard 

I confirmed again with the end user..   Inventor 2018 and 2019 is crashing on their Win 10 1903 version using place from content center.   A co-workers of theirs who is not on that Win 10 version, works find in Inventor 2018 and 2019.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 51

I setup a machine with Windows 10 - 1903 I installed Inventor 2018, 2019 and 2020. No issues for me inserting content from Content Center.

Does it seem to be specific to certain content? Is the content local or in Vault?
Any screencasts/recordings of the error in case I am missing a step.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 51

@DannyHubbard

The end user I was helping is seeing this type of message

2019-05-28_11-42-22.jpg

When you go to Windows Event logs it shows that dll is the faulty module.   I'm wondering if a given update for Inventor 2018/2019 or not having certain updates installed is why the end user is seeing and you're not.  Right now I have only heard its local desktop content center.   Not sure if its just a given component since it works fine without having Win 10 1903 version is installed.  Also I noticed the dll for Win 10 1903 version is dated in March of this year where-as my Win 10 1809 version dates last year.

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 51

@DannyHubbard 

It may appear the end user still had the RTM versions for Inventor 2018 and 2019.   They are going to apply the latest updates and see if that corrects the issue.

Update:  @DannyHubbard  going back to the OP..  They had installed the latest Inventor 2018 update and still was faced with the issue.

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 51

Hi Mark

We have pc's with Inventor 2018.2 installed as well as pc's with Inventor 2018.2.3.

I can't find any correlation regarding a specific Inventor update as out of about 12 pc's that updated windows we have only 2 that is still working without the content center issue. My pc has the lates Inventor 2018.3.5 update but still Windows 1803 and it is working fine.

Message 13 of 51

Correct, Inventor just closes without any error message or warning. As if services just gets killed.

I have tried both options, placing from standard desktop content center as well as placing from vault custom content center. It crashes with either of them.

Message 14 of 51

@ktuckerFNZSW 

Sorry if there was confusion..

I wasn't pointed or re-directing the issue at a given Inventor update or release..  Danny indicated he couldn't reproduce it in Inventor 2018 to 2020 under Win 10 1903 version....  So when I went back to my end user I discovered they were still running the original release of Inventor 2018 and 2019..  Thinking that was the issue in why they were seeing it and Danny wasn't..   But when I went back to the original posting of this thread and noticed the latest was used on Inventor 2018 and the issue was still there.  Well that changed my opinion again on the subject manner.

Update:  @ktuckerFNZSW  just saw your posting update..   You are the first to report Vault content center side of it as well..  I thought this was only impacting desktop content center.

Mark Lancaster

Message 15 of 51
ktuckerFNZSW
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hi Danny

It crashes whether you use local content center or vault content center. Some pc's have Inventor 2018.2 others 2018.2.3 and mine has Inventor 2018.3.5. Mine works because I still have the old windows version. I have updated some of the other pc's with Inventor 2018.3.5 but it makes no difference. Even did a complete uninstall of Inventor and reinstalled, still the same issue. It is also not user profile related as I tried with various login's.

Regards

Kevin 

Message 16 of 51
DannyHubbard
in reply to: ktuckerFNZSW

So I was able to reproduce this but only in 2018 (2018.3.5 to be specific) and only when running as a standard windows User. Wonder if Microsoft changed some permissions on us.

When running as an Administrator I could not reproduce the crash and could not reproduce the issue in 2019 or 2020 as either user.

Regardless I logged it for development to look at.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 17 of 51

I tried uninstall of windows 1903 (back to 1809) but it did not resolve the issue for the user. Inventor 2018.3.5 installed.

Message 18 of 51
ktuckerFNZSW
in reply to: DannyHubbard

It might be that if you first install windows 10 ver 1903 then Inventor that the issue will not be present but if you already have Inventor installed and then update windows to ver 1903 it cause the issues. 

Patrick mentioned an uninstall of 1903 solved his problem although for a pc I tested it did not make a difference when I uninstalled ver 1903. 

Message 19 of 51

@DannyHubbard 

So updating Inventor 2019 from the RTM version to the latest resolved it for Inventor 2019 for the end user.  Updating Inventor 2018 didn't not as you pointed out in your test..

Mark Lancaster

Message 20 of 51
graemev
in reply to: ktuckerFNZSW

Having the same problem with Windows 10 1903 but using Inventor 2017 SP1. No warning, no report dialog, no nothing. Poof, gone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report