Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winding Clockspring

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
peter.grossman
297 Views, 2 Replies

Winding Clockspring

Hi,

I'm working on a music box for a class project. I'm currently working on the Winding Key. I have a Clockspring attached to the Winding Key. I am trying to show motion of the spring being wound up, and like wise uncoiled. I currently have it fixed at the end not around the Winding Key (the outside edge), and a concentric mate to the Key. Could someone please give me some advice as to how to make it collapse and expand as it is being wound? I'm not sure how to mate it in this assembly, or if it needs a certain material, etc. I tried to mate the inside edge of the clockspring to the Winding Key, but the material would not stretch.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Peter,

I guess iLogic rule can help. Basically create a simple iLogic rule and a form. Add the coil diameter to a slider on the form. You may drag to slider to see the behaviors.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: peter.grossman

Animate Parameter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report