Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why this silly mystery menu?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MatsNorway1
285 Views, 7 Replies

Why this silly mystery menu?

Suddenly i forgot or could not measure from a face to another face.

I thought, must just be shift+right click and pick feature/body/whatever. But no.

It was this mystery box on the left with no text and name.

MatsNorway1_4-1723205547908.png

Did i miss something? can i disable it and just use normal shift+left click?

‌:nauseated_face: ‌:face_with_medical_mask: Fusion 360
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

you mean shift-rightclick I assume?
I believe you are stuck with the filter-selection in the extra nameless dialog. But I have snapped it to the measure dialog box so it always is visible and right there when I need it.

jorgenbjornes_0-1723206223883.png

Message 3 of 8
MatsNorway1
in reply to: MatsNorway1

Correct. Agree, it should at least be baked into the menu. Ideally with names. One can only see so many tiny green/gray cubes before you stop seeing them entirely.

MatsNorway1_0-1723206495928.jpeg

Message 4 of 8
James_Willo

Hi, this is a mini toolbar that appears on some commands. It can have a few uses. One can be that it's just providing easy access to tools you may need. Another could be to change the mode of the panel, such as in fillet. The other could be that if you went to the selection filter and tried to change it, it would close the command, so this offers you a way to change filter priority without closing the command. 

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 5 of 8
MatsNorway1

It should never override/ignore Shift+Right click. Super confusing.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8
James_Willo

It may be that only certain selection types are valid for that command so the menu is disabled as the correct filters are in the dialogue, I'm not sure though because I didn't design that dialogue. 

James W
Inventor UX Designer
Message 7 of 8
MatsNorway1

Any way to make it default to select faces and edges?

MatsNorway1_1-1723460493997.png

It badly needs to support shift+right click to override. Its a annoying already.

Message 8 of 8
mat_hijs

I'm not sure where you would set it, but for me "Select Faces and Edges" is already selected by default. I would guess that it would be remembered from your last session, but since you're asking how to set it and stating that it's annoying it probably doesn't.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report