Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have time limit?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1031 Views, 4 Replies

Why do I have time limit?

Just recently, I downloaded and installed Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018. The program downloaded and installed smoothly, but now it says I have a limited time trail for it. I am a student, I have the student subscription, I have previously installed Autodesk AutoCAD with the same subscription. So now why is there a limit on how days I can use this product.? I have projects to complete and turn in. So I check my account, once in my account I find it to be a trap. Once in my Autodesk account, which says all subscriptions, it only tells me in tabs; All products and services, Product Updates and Trails. Only one tab mentions Inventor and that is Trails. I do not wish only have Inventor as a Trail. Is there another form of Inventor? AutoCAD is great, but Inventor is easy and I wish to find a satisfying solution rather then paying $1,890 for one year. I need a solution.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! If you are a student, you can sign up student license. It is absolutely free and there is no exception or condition as long as you are a student. Here are the steps to change your trial license to student license.

1) Start up Inventor and log into your Autodesk account from the upper right corner. Your user name should appear after you log in.

2) Click on the user name -> Manage License.

3) Update the serial number with the student license serial number.

or you can go to log on to https://manage.autodesk.com/ and manage the license there too.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
JDMather

Did you retrieve your student Serial Number from the Autodesk Student Community?

Can you ask your instructor for assistance?

Student SN.pngStudent Email.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Other than asking my instructor, is there another way of finding/recovering my student serial number

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Yes - go to http://autodesk.com/edcommunity and set up as in the image that I posted earlier.

So Easy.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report