Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I place a radial dimension on the IDW view?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
WILLIAMF
231 Views, 2 Replies

Why cant I place a radial dimension on the IDW view?

Or measure the radius on the model? Maybe because of the way the part was modeled. Can someone help out?

I will need to dimension this bent tube in the near future.

Thanks

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: WILLIAMF

Will Include of the 3D path sketch (or the 2D sketches used to make the path) work for your needs?

Include Sketch.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
WILLIAMF
in reply to: JDMather

Yes, I guess, and I had done that. We normally dimension inside of bend. But it'll work. The tube bender will need to do the arithmetic, or I can use a leader.

As far as dimensioning the intersection points I was able to use axis at intersection points as a snap point for my dimensions and used the 3D sketch to dimension the angles.

The only dimension I can't place is for the tangent points of the bends, but I think with some work planes axis and points I will get what I need.

Thanks again JD, and thanks for the lesson a couple of weeks ago on intersection of 2  (2D) lines to create 3D sketch....

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report