Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can you get pre-made 3D Commercial Products?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1192 Views, 7 Replies

Where can you get pre-made 3D Commercial Products?

Does anyone have any useful places or sources for getting accurate 3D models for Assemblies. I need trade name models like Parker, Dodge, Fafnir, things like that. I have PartsNow! which is a good program. But they do not have all of the companies that I use. I know Dodge (Reliance), is now starting to submit 3D models for use in Inventor. Does anyone have any other takes on where to find, standard type commercial components?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Festo Pneumatics SKF Bearings SEW Eurodrive gearboxes (www.drivecad.com) WDS Southco latches Some of the suppliers used in Europe/UK that supply free models - Don't know if they're any use to you though but worth a look. Regards Rory "Travis" wrote in message news:40328ff4_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone have any useful places or sources for getting accurate 3D models > for Assemblies. I need trade name models like Parker, Dodge, Fafnir, things > like that. I have PartsNow! which is a good program. But they do not have > all of the companies that I use. I know Dodge (Reliance), is now starting to > submit 3D models for use in Inventor. Does anyone have any other takes on > where to find, standard type commercial components? > >
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Sometimes I'll contact the customer directly and they have sent me native Inventor Files so far. I have been lucky finding parts using the following web pages: www.partserver.de www.web2cad.com www.thomasregister.com "Travis" wrote in message news:40328ff4_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone have any useful places or sources for getting accurate 3D models > for Assemblies. I need trade name models like Parker, Dodge, Fafnir, things > like that. I have PartsNow! which is a good program. But they do not have > all of the companies that I use. I know Dodge (Reliance), is now starting to > submit 3D models for use in Inventor. Does anyone have any other takes on > where to find, standard type commercial components? > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Try

http://www.cadregister.com

They seem to have a great many companies in their DBase...I have recently dloaded some THK LM rail models...based on THK's catalog, the models are dimensionally accurate, although they are dumb solids, they are native IV files.

Alan M. Etzkorn
Nixon Tool Co, INC.
http://www.nixontool.com
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

let me correct Joe little, Partserver has basically 2 sites
www.partserver.de and www.partserver.com. Both are essentually the same site, but when going to the .com site you won't have to read most things in Duetch.

Here is my list of sites I visit:

www.smcusa.com (or www.smcetech.com)
www.partserver.com
www.traceparts.com (European components mostly)
www.phdinc.com
www.3dcontentcentral.com (mostly SolidWorks)
Message was edited by: MDB
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Charles Bliss has some of this stuff on his Web site: www.cbliss.com -- Phil Kenewell ---------------------- Gage Designer North American Lighting, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Here's a better link: http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/index.htm
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Nook Industries has their products in Inventor sat. http://www.nookindustries.com/CadModels/Login.cfm ~Larry "Travis" wrote in message news:40328ff4_2@newsprd01... > Does anyone have any useful places or sources for getting accurate 3D models > for Assemblies. I need trade name models like Parker, Dodge, Fafnir, things > like that. I have PartsNow! which is a good program. But they do not have > all of the companies that I use. I know Dodge (Reliance), is now starting to > submit 3D models for use in Inventor. Does anyone have any other takes on > where to find, standard type commercial components? > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report