Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are these in my assmebly?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
369 Views, 7 Replies

What are these in my assmebly?

I have no idea what these "origins" are. They are showing for each part in my assembly.

They showed up after a system crash.

How do I turn them off?

Using Inventor 2017

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

Those are Center of Gravity indicators.  Their visibility can be toggled in each part with the View > Visibility > Center of Gravity button.

Is your installation of Inventor 2017 up to date?  The latest version is 2017.4.13.  There was an issue in past versions with these COG indicators remaining on after a crash and unable to be turned off, but I believe that has been resolved.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.1 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

I am unable to turn them off, even after opening each part.

When I open the individual parts, the COG is not showing.

I tried turning COG on, saving the part, turning it back off, saving again. They still show in the assembly.

Message 4 of 8
JDMather

Can you Attach the assembly here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I think I have all of the components included. Thanks

Message 6 of 8
SBix26

When I open your assembly in Inventor 2017, I do not see COG markers.  But you are using 2017 build 142, which was the initial release.  There have been four major updates, and thirteen minor updates to update 4.  I suspect if you updated your Inventor installation, your problem would be solved.  If you can still find them, you need to install update 4, then install update 4.13.  The Autodesk Desktop App on your computer should be able to take care of that for you.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2021.1 | Windows 10 Home 2004
LinkedIn

Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! I believe it is a notorious scene corruption bug in parts and assemblies. The source is still not yet identified. But, we did implement fixes to avoid it from happening and cleaning up when necessary. Please install 2017.4 update followed by 2017.4.13 update, like Sam indicated.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Since my subscription has lapsed, I dont think I'm able to install any updates.  Or, am I still able to update an older version?

I rebuilt the assembly in a new .ASM and have had no problems with it.

Thanks for all of your help, guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report