Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visiblity of dimension

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
550 Views, 6 Replies

Visiblity of dimension

I have created block in Autocad and try to insert that block in inventor drawing using sketched symbol option. But the dimensions which is there in autocad block was not visible in inventor drawing.
So please give some suggestions for inserting the Auto-cad block in inventor drawing.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rob67ert
in reply to: Anonymous

There are some problems with that.
Did you try this: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...
Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

When I insert block in inventor dwg file, view came along with the dimensions but I need it in .idw format.

Inventor_dwg_file.PNG

And also I tried to export this inventor dwg file to Inventor .idw file. But it is not taking the respective view instead it shows error message as shown below .

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

When I insert block in inventor dwg file, view came along with the dimensions but I need it in .idw format.

Inventor_dwg_file.PNG

And also I tried to export this inventor dwg file to Inventor .idw file. But it is not taking the respective view instead it shows error message as shown below .

error_msg.PNG

So is there any option to export AutoCAD drawing (.dwg) file to inventor drawing (.idw) file.

Message 5 of 7
Rob67ert

That is something that will not work.
What will work....a bit....is to insert an image of the drawing.
Yes i know, it is a dirty work around, but is all we can do for now.

I have made an idea of it: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/dimensions-in-sketch-symbols/idi-p/6807239
Robert

If you find this reply helpful ? It would be nice if you use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 6 of 7
DRoam

Hi @Anonymous. There's a very easy solution to this situation. Simply explode (AutoCAD command "EXPLODE") the dimensions before copying and pasting into Inventor. Then it will paste as the shapes that make up the dimensions and the Sketch Symbol will look just like the AutoCAD drawing does 🙂

Message 7 of 7
cosmin.katona8CJR9
in reply to: DRoam

I tried it and it works with the bemating to explode.  Thanks, Veerle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report