Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view problems in drawings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
557 Views, 7 Replies

view problems in drawings

Why do views take so long to get out of raster mode? Is this a memory problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Sean,

There are a few variables dictating drawing performance. 1) The complexity and the amount of geometry on the 3D model. 2) The graphics RAM, system RAM, and CPU. 3) The amount of views need to be updated.

Please share an example that exhibits the behavior. Forum experts can help take a look. In the meantime, please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and graphics driver is up-to-date.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

There seems to be a bug, I also experience a warning message whenever I go to print about waiting for Raster. It never happens though and prints fine.

I think in my case it is related to the Aux view repositioning bug causing a hidden view to never convert.

Message 4 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Another thing to try is to turn off the following option.

Tools -> App Options -> Drawing -> uncheck "Enable background update."

This option allows each drawing view update to be a separate thread. From time to time, we do see some file specific behavior. Somehow, the view update thread does not terminate properly. It seems to have trouble finishing. When this option is turned off, the views update correctly. Could you try it?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi! Another thing to try is to turn off the following option.

Tools -> App Options -> Drawing -> uncheck "Enable background update."

This option allows each drawing view update to be a separate thread. From time to time, we do see some file specific behavior. Somehow, the view update thread does not terminate properly. It seems to have trouble finishing. When this option is turned off, the views update correctly. Could you try it?

Many thanks!

This does not fix the issue for me.

Thanks,

Ben

Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi Ben,

Open the assembly file referenced by the drawing -> press Ctrl+F7. Does the dialog list any bad body. If yes, please open each part containing the bad body and perform Repair Body workflow.

Please share the files with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the issue better. It is likely different than Sean's issue here.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

@johnsonshiue wrote:

Hi Ben,

Open the assembly file referenced by the drawing -> press Ctrl+F7. Does the dialog list any bad body. If yes, please open each part containing the bad body and perform Repair Body workflow.

Please share the files with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the issue better. It is likely different than Sean's issue here.

Many thanks!

Total Bodies: 1416
Solid Bodies: 472
Surf Bodies: 472
Other Bodies: 472
Checked Bodies: 97

Tested one that I currently had open. This was the result.

I can confirm after testing that the view that is not rendering is in fact the AUX view. On deleting this it prints without any dialog.

Thanks,

Ben

Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi Ben,

It sounds like there aren't any bad bodies. Then I don't understand why the drawing views cannot be shown properly. It is either a bug or something else was wrong. If possible, please share the files with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report