Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Restrictions

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
toddTH8G
241 Views, 11 Replies

Vault Restrictions

When I try yo check out a file from Vault, I get an error message of ...

Cannot download ' xxxxx.ipj ' due to vault restrictions

Do you want to continue downloading non-restricted files?

The message just recently started showing up.  Like most other Inventor/Vault messages, I click yes and move on without know what is happening.  I went down the rabbit hole of trying to fix this, but unfortunately was only able to confirm that other users have the same issue.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
blandb
in reply to: toddTH8G

Do you currently have the project file on your machine? Is that project the current and active project? If so, can you open the file from vault through INV?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 12
toddTH8G
in reply to: blandb

@blandb  - THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE.  

HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE THE PROJECT FILE ON MY MACHINE?

THANKS

TODD

Message 4 of 12
blandb

Launching Inventor then go to File > Manage > Projects.  a list of project will appear and there will be a check mark next to the active project. Does your company use a single project file for the entire company for all jobs, or do you create a new project for every job?

Message 5 of 12
toddTH8G
in reply to: blandb

@blandb  - The project with the checkmark is the same as in the error message. 

We use one project for everything

Regards,

Todd

Message 6 of 12
andrewiv

Do you have the same version of the project file on your hard drive as what is checked into Vault?  This message can happen if it is trying to refresh the project file from vault because someone has checked in a new version.  But it cannot replace it on your hard drive if you have it open in Inventor.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 7 of 12
blandb

If you create a new part, does your ipj appear out of date (red) in the vault browser?

blandb_0-1721405884129.png

If so, right click and choose refresh. Since your project is active, can you open the model of interest through inv with no problems?

Also, I cant remember if Vault roles have anything to do with that.. Sorry, I have not personally ran into this issue as of yet.

Message 8 of 12
toddTH8G
in reply to: andrewiv

@andrewiv  I'm not sure if I have the same version of the project file on my hard drive.  I can find the file via searching and can see a date, but not sure how to check the date on the one if Vault.  

You message gave me the idea of closing both Inventor and Vault down, and then open Vault first then Inventor (I usually do the opposite) and see if it updated project file.  No luck!

Message 9 of 12
andrewiv

Find the project file in Vault.  The status icon for that file will tell you if you have the current version on your hard drive or if it needs to be updated.  If it is a white circle then you have the current version.  If it is a red circle then you do not have the latest version.  It could be a couple other icons depending on if you are using vault basic or vault professional and how the vault is configured.  Here is a link to the help file for the different icons.  https://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-3621EE8C-4CC6-44F8-8111-314ADE6D2AB3 

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 10 of 12
toddTH8G
in reply to: andrewiv

@andrewiv 

Can you help with step 1?  What to you mean by "find the project file in Vault?"  

When I check out a file from Vault, I see a checkmark next to the file (in Vault).  But I'm not sure where to look for the "status" of the project file.

Message 11 of 12
andrewiv

Unfortunately, I cannot get into my vault right now as it is hosted on AWS and the cloud service has been down since yesterday so I cannot show you, but you should just be able to open the Vault application and search for the name of your project file to find it in Vault.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 12 of 12
toddTH8G

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report