Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault/Inventor problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1080 Views, 7 Replies

Vault/Inventor problem

I open up inventor and am already logged into the vault server.  However, under the model tab there is no 'vault' option to select and view files.  When opening files I cannot switch to the vault server and select those files because the vault quick launch is grayed out.

My attachment picture is what I want to be able to do but again there is no 'vault' option, just 'model'.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have a 'Vault' project file active?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Yes I do, but I can only access the model view.  This is a new problem as I previously could access both 'model' and 'vault' like the picture shows.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry about that...I do not have a vault file open because it will not let me open any vault file.  The file I have opened is saved onto my computer.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

if you go to Tools tab > Addins is Autodesk Vault  Inventor Vault listed as an addin?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry about that...I do not have a vault file open because it will not let me open any vault file.  The file I have opened is saved onto my computer.

So does that mean you are or are not working under a Vault project type?

check by going to Get Started tab > Projects and look at the lower pane for Type.

as  jclaidler suggested, a vault project type is required to have the Vault option in the browser.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Yes. Startup/Loaded.  I can log in and out of vault and open up the vault program seperately and see all the files, but even if I right click and open an error pops up saying "vault was unable to set up the project file (blank) to the current project file in inventor."

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Okay just figured it out.  You were right, my project type was 'default' and not to the correct folder.

Thanks guys for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report