Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using tube & pipe Pipes in Frame Generator

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1487 Views, 5 Replies

Using tube & pipe Pipes in Frame Generator

Hi all and Help 🙂

I need to make a Frame Generator Frame using pipe. I have our company pipes all set up and accessible in the content centre under "Tube & Pipe" . .When i use Frame generator i can not access this content as it only looks in the Structural Shape directory. (correct me if im wrong)

I really need to get this working. I cant seem to copy anything from Tube & Pipe into the Structural Shapes directory in Content Center. I dont really want to re-create all this data. .

Is there anything i can do ?

😞

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Did you publish the profiles with this tool?

To use custom profiles in frame generatosr tool, you have to use this tool to authoring the profiles before you carry them in Content Center.

1.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Frame Generator only works with information under the content center structural section.  In addition, you are unable to copy information from one section (T&P) to structural.  You can only copy from one content center library to another.  Which means you have to create your information also under the structural section.  Are you even using routed system?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the replies.

It just confirmed what i was thinking.

😞 ****  at having to re-create it all again. 😞

perhaps i can export the existing data to excel and paste it back into the new structural version i create. that could save some time. 

anne.

Message 5 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

That's an option and I was going to suggest it in my reply but since its tube n pipe to structural section, well the format of the columns would not be the same, so it may not fit together properly from the copy and paste..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

Yeah i used the data from the T&P pipe and only copied over the data that i needed, column by column (ie, the Dia, schedule, thickness) . Made sure i kept the format of the existing structural item and all the other columns populated themselves since they were mostly formulas.

It actually didnt take that long to do and its working well 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report