Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using section views in Studio

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1287 Views, 3 Replies

Using section views in Studio

Hey guys,

I'm currently learning the functionalities of Inventor Studio. 
I was wondering if it possible to have different section views in a created animation?

What I want:
I have an assembly of a valve, I want to create an animation of the valve opening and closing. As an extension of this, I want different section views of the valve so that the relative movement of the components can clearly be seen. As an example, I would like a section view across the XY plane. Then I would like a section view of the YZ plane. It would be great if I could somehow switch between no section view, to the XY plane section view, to the YZ plane section view and then back to no section view.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a video for your reference and some of reference material is also pasted below.

Generally speaking, the section view animation support is a bit limited in one direction. and here is a similar idea in ideastation.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-studio-view-section/td-p/5502869

Hope it helps!

Xun
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

Thank you very much, I didn't even consider this as an option! It seems a little clunky, but it will definitely work!

Just a random question, If I were to create two parametric extruded features perpendicular to one another, and animate them simultaneously, would that create the same effect as a quarter section view?

- Nic

Message 4 of 4
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Nic,

In short, they are the same.

Thanks!

Xun

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report