Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined text paramter in iPart

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
7946 Views, 22 Replies

User defined text paramter in iPart

I am trying to make an iPart of a fitting where I can change the "Body type" and it will change all the parameters associated with that body type through iLogic.  Really I am just playing around in iLogic to see if this is something worth learning.  Back to the point, I would like to change a  multi-value user text parameter through the iPart table but I cannot find the paramter in the parameters tab. 

Since it is a user parameter I thought it would be in the "Other" folder but it isn't.  I do however have the other multi-value user number parameter in that folder, which makes me think that maybe I can't use the paramter in the iParts table?  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks 

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

UPDATE: publish the iparts to content centre and it appears to work - just need to see if it behaves with Vault
Message 22 of 23
prussellZXB3F
in reply to: Anonymous

UPDATE 2: publish to content centre plays fine with vault. Recap for anyone on this path, publish the parts to content centre with an extra number field for the text string you want to use then have a small ilogic rule that does a switch case to change the text.

Message 23 of 23
fpertuznet
in reply to: Anonymous

The best solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report