Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 2013 help.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
RobJV
370 Views, 7 Replies

Upgrading to 2013 help.

Hi,

I have been using Inventor for almost 10 years and usually upgrade right aways or wait until SP1.  I am on 2011 and never bothered upgrading to 2012.  I finally have some time to upgrade and will be installing 2013.  The only thing holding me back is all the complaints I have seen about colours and materials going awry.  Is this a valid reason not to upgrade?  Is the material editor that bad and is there a smooth way to upgrade and avoid all the colour issues?

Thanks,

Rob

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: RobJV

Don't do it......................

Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
mflayler

Here is the most information on Material and Appearances that I have seen...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I would wait for SP1 to be released.  I figure the new material and appearances is a lot like the ribbon interface, you might as well get on with it because it's not going to go away.Inventor 2012 (2013 pending)

Regards,

John

Dell Precision T3500
Windows 7 64-bit
6GB RAM
dual NVidia Quadro 2000
Driver 8.17.12.9688

Message 5 of 8
RobJV
in reply to: Anonymous

I see that upgrade 2 is released - does that alleviate the issues that most people are seeing?

Message 6 of 8
RobJV
in reply to: mflayler

Thanks Mark - I will print out and read through before upgrading.

Rob

Message 7 of 8
karthur1

The new materials editor has some workflow issues... no doubt.  Some of the problems with it has been addressed in the update1.  I am sure there will be more in SP1 (whenever its released).  Really though, for me,it wasnt a show stopper.

If you have not edited what came with Inventor or added materials, then you dont have to do anything. Look around, there are some posts on how to bring your materials library forward.

Message 8 of 8
RobJV

Thanks everybody.  I may hold off a little longer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report