Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating components & sub assemblies shared in other project files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
282 Views, 2 Replies

Updating components & sub assemblies shared in other project files

How can i get components to update in a copied project file when I update them in the master?  I have components/sub-assemblies that are shared between different project files and I cannot get them to update them when the master is modified.

I have tried doing a replace component and selecting the original file and it still will not show as the updated one?

Any help please?

Thank you.

Jorge Valdiviezo

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
donaldleigh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi all

Anyone got the answer to the above question. I also would like to know if this can be done

The only way I can get them to update is to close inventor and restart. There must be another way for sure

Donald

Inventor 2021

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: donaldleigh

Hi Donald,

I guess you may have duplicate files in different folders. As a file-based CAD system, Inventor relies on unique files. If you have duplicate files (same names but in different folders), the behaviors can be confusing.

Please make sure you have unique files. You can edit the project setting to ensure files are unique. Another way is to use Vault (or PDM) or Design Assistant to check the actual file path referenced in an assembly.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report