Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Inventor Pro 2018 To 2019 Missing Lines, Raster Views, Text Justify Off

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
818 Views, 5 Replies

Update Inventor Pro 2018 To 2019 Missing Lines, Raster Views, Text Justify Off

So, I updated from 2018 to 2019. And I wish I didn’t.

Why can’t these updates work without issues? Here’s what I’m dealing with.

1. Missing lines. I checked and uncheck the box no change. I did see others having the same problems. No fix on my end.
  2. One or more views are Raster View. even when the box isn’t checked
  3. Leader text will not justify to the left. Tried the "format text" and through "Styles editor".

This all started after the update. How can I revert back to 2018 until this gets worked out? This is a Major setback. I have production to deal with.

See the PDF's attached

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: Headache from Inventor pro 2018 to 2019

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

In order to give you some relevant solutions to your issues, you will need to post a few of your problem files.  If you post an assemblies, make sure you use Pack and Go Zip to include all associated files.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! There should be a logical reason to explain the behavior. The drawing view options persist on a per view and per source document type basis. For example, you create a base view of an assembly with Thread and Tangent Edges option checked. The next base view of another assembly will have the two options checked. However, the base view of a part will still have the last used (or default) options. This behavior has never changed.

I assume in 2018, you have already been creating drawing views with your desirable options and they persist nicely. However, when you move to 2019, the option set are back to defaults, which are different than your desirable option set in 2018.

Regarding Raster views, I don't recall the option is set as default. The default should always be precise view. If you create a base view of an assembly in precise view, does it change to Raster option when you create another base view of another assembly?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
kelly.young

Hello @Anonymous without seeing any files it is hard to say what is happening, you can attach with Pack & Go examples for community experts to comment on further. 

With the missing lines it sounds like a display issue, are your Graphics Card Drivers up to date from the manufacturer?

Since you just upgraded, you could try Repair Install to see if something didn't get installed correctly. 

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: kelly.young

Thanks for the advise.

I moved on by creating a new drawing. Not sure why i was having issues. Had to move forward.

Message 6 of 6
The_Angry_Elf

So did creating a new drawing resolve the problem?

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report