Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 2018.3.1

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
tobias_wiesendanger
536 Views, 12 Replies

Update 2018.3.1

Anyone that could provide Update 2018.3.1 (22310)?

That would be really helpfull.

kind regards

Tobias

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Ouch.. I've never noticed that they remove prior versions like that..

Kind of BS should you install 2018.3.3 for example and want to roll back because its buggy...

This IMO should be something you open a support ticket for though and not something you post on a user-user forum.. 

We can't provide the update to you legally even if we had it as we have no way of verifying you have a proper subscription..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 13

This is unbelievable stupid. I dont know who had that idea.

Im exactly in the situation of 2018.3.3 being buggy and 2018.3.1 working fine. Sadly I already had a discussion with autodesk support. They wont provide it. 

Last resort is someone archived it and is willing to provide it. I will for sure archive any future update.

regards

Tobias

Message 4 of 13

Maybe the bigger question is why is 2018 3.3 acting buggy for you and what does that mean and look like for you?

I am using this version and not experiencing any issues.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 13

Sure that is always the first thing to do. There is a case open with autodesk.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

They once fixed this bug and then reintroduced it. If you are a company that heavily realys on iparts/iassemblys this is a very bad bug.

Also what is written in this articel:

This incident has been resolved in: 

Autodesk Inventor 2019.2 Update

This is not true. It doesnt work in Inventor 2019 at all, no matter what Update you use.

regards

Tobias

Message 6 of 13

Yes,  I do remember this.  I don't use iparts/iassemblies yet in my new job, but did in my old one and encountered this.

Very frustrating to say the least.

Sorry, I can't offer any more.

Hopefully one of the guys at Autodesk will respond to this thread Kelly Young or Johnson Shiue

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 13

Thats fine. Im thankfull for any help.

Im just a bit baffled of how they handle old updates. This is a pure horror scenario for every administrator.

regards

Tobias

Message 8 of 13

@tobias_wiesendanger wrote:

Sadly I already had a discussion with autodesk support. They wont provide it. 

Yep.. I agree...total crap if thats true..

I can't believe it.. 

**** good reason to not use the Autodesk Desktop app and go an download (and save) all updates from the manage.autodesk.com site.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 9 of 13
SBix26
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

good reason to not use the Autodesk Desktop app and go an download (and save) all updates from the manage.autodesk.com site.. 

You can still use the Desktop App-- it saves the updates into your designated Windows downloads folder.  I normally move them from there to a different location afterward, but if I don't remember, they're still there months later when the next update comes.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.2 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 10 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: SBix26

@SBix26 wrote:

@mcgyvr wrote:

good reason to not use the Autodesk Desktop app and go an download (and save) all updates from the manage.autodesk.com site.. 

You can still use the Desktop App-- it saves the updates into your designated Windows downloads folder.  I normally move them from there to a different location afterward, but if I don't remember, they're still there months later when the next update comes.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.2 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

I "thought" it might but ironically couldn't test out the theory today as the app installed some update to itself and now closes about 3 seconds after it starts up and doesn't show up in the notification area or anything .. Might need to reinstall it or whatever..

Message 11 of 13
leowarren34
in reply to: mcgyvr

Judging by this I'm holding out on this update then...

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 12 of 13
kelly.young
in reply to: leowarren34

Hello @tobias_wiesendanger typically when we post a new update or service pack the previous ones are removed. 

I have sent you an email that should help get you moving forward. 

As for the initial issue we are working with development to investigate the underlying cause.

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 13 of 13
leowarren34
in reply to: kelly.young

Cheers, @kelly.young

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report