Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo from dropdown sometimes stops working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DRoam
335 Views, 3 Replies

Undo from dropdown sometimes stops working

I've been experiencing this issue randomly for a while now, so I thought I'd post to see if anyone else has experienced it, knows what causes it, and/or knows how to avoid or fix it.

I'm talking about the undo dropdown menu like below:

Undo dropdown.png

As the title says, occasionally, I'll open the dropdown and choose a step to undo. After clicking a step, the dropdown list disappears, but nothing happens to the model. So I'll check the undo menu and see that nothing changed -- the same steps are still there. The undo didn't work. The only way to undo is by clicking on the "undo" arrow several times.

A few observations:

• It tends to happen after I've been working in Inventor for a while.
  • It tends to be persistent. Once the undo menu stops working, it doesn't work again until I close and restart Inventor.
  • Restarting Inventor always fixes the issue.

I'm running Inventor 2020.2.1, but I think I remember this happening before we upgraded from 2017 as well.

Thanks for any insights or suggestions.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: DRoam

Hi Derek,

This is likely a UI framework bug. The tricky thing is to find the reproducible workflow. If you can reproduce it, please let me know asap.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
DRoam
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks Johnson, I'll keep an eye out. Good thing is when it happens I'll at least be able to see the undo stack and possibly even trace it to see what my workflow was. If I'm able to find a reproducible workflow I'll let you know!

And if anyone else comes across the issue and could do the same, that would be great.

Message 4 of 4
lena.talkhina
in reply to: DRoam

Hello @DRoam !

How things are going? Is this bug still existing?

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report