Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Unable to resolve some or all future file links error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
j_vanslooten2
571 Views, 9 Replies

Unable to resolve some or all future file links error

When I open one specific assembly I get the error 'Unable to resolve some or all future file links error'. This was not a problem in inventor 2021 is a could just work with it. (in 2021 I also had the error). Now we upgraded to 2024, after this I cannot see anything in inventors vault tab. I cannot check in, or check out, this is an issue for me. I removed all components from the assembly, purged, rebuild, removed all iproperties, ilogic, checked for links etc. Nothing worked. Anyone got a solution? i've attached the assembly file.

leimage.pngimage.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I can open it fine, but despite it being empty, it tries to resolve a file - My guess is it's tied to that

YannickEnrico_0-1704274841648.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Intel Core i9-14900KF
64 GB DDR5 6000 MHz
2TB WD_BLACK
RTX A4000
------------------------------
Inventor 2024 Professional
Message 3 of 10

Thank you Yannick for the quick reply, much appreciated.

This is for sure the root of the problem. I've attached the bearing. I did not get the same message as you because I have the bearing in my workspace. I now tried different things which didnā€™t work:

• Removed the old Feroball FBT-70 model and left it unresolved. Stil not able to see the vault stuff.
  • Removed the old Feroball FBT-70 model. Made a new empty part and renamed it to Feroball FBT-70
    • I can resolve the part, but I get the same problem as before. It is verry strange that the link to feroball FBT-70 can not be found anywhere in the assy.

Do you know any way to tackle this issue?

Message 4 of 10

I cannot figure out why it contains that link, and I don't think my skills in investigating the file structure are good enough that I can be of help in that regard.

Maybe @johnsonshiue has the skills required for a thorough investigation and / or fix.

My guess is you'd have to dig into the file in another way than Inventor alone can do.

Edit:

I have found that having just a file named Feroball FBT-70 brings up the error message, and it doesn't matter then what the file contains. THere's still no sign of it in the assembly.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Intel Core i9-14900KF
64 GB DDR5 6000 MHz
2TB WD_BLACK
RTX A4000
------------------------------
Inventor 2024 Professional
Message 5 of 10

Thank you Yannick for your help.

Anybody from autodesk who can look into this?

Message 6 of 10

Hi! 2021.4 cannot open 2024 files. In order to allow Inventor 2021.4 to open files with 2024 future links, you will need to have Inventor 2023.4 (or 2023.3 at least) installed on the same machine.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 10

Hi, the version I'm using is 2024.2..

Message 8 of 10

Hi! This could be a migration issue. Somehow at one point there were some future file links (older Inventor referenced files saved in newer Inventor). But the "future" files were not available at the time when the migration happened.

I am sorry I don't have a better explanation. Nor do I know exactly how it happened. If you know how to reproduce the error from scratch, please let us know asap.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 10

Dear Johnson,

The future file was available at the time of migrating. I've attached also the unmigrated file (version 2021). 

Unfortunattely i can not generate the error from scratch.

Is there any way this can be fixed?

Message 10 of 10

Hi! Unfortunately the issue persists. The iam file is corrupted and the workflow leads to corruption is unknown.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report