Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit Folder Options

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1551 Views, 8 Replies

Unable to edit Folder Options

I am unable to edit Folder Options in the Project File, any suggestions?

Capture.JPG

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

How are you trying to edit them?

What errors/problems are happening?

Do you have any files open?

Are you the only cad user?

Can you edit other things? other library locations,etc...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I am the sole Single User of our Inventor 2020 seat.  I've tried editing the Project file with no other files open in the Get Started/Launch tab.  The problem I am having is that the Tube and Pipe Styles are not loading in one specific assembly.  I am able to edit library locations, workspaces, etc. although I am not able to change the "Use Style Library" to read-write as is is grayed out.

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! Is the snapshot taking from Inventor Pro or LT? Is the project file editable?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

The snapshot is taken from Inventor Pro 2020 and I am still able to edit the Project File, except for:

Use Style Library

Templates (Folder Options)

Design Data (Folder Options)

Presets (Folder Options)

Message 6 of 9
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

The style library option in your project file has nothing to do with tube & pipe styles for routed system.   That switch is only to enable or disable the save option here 2019-06-27_10-24-09.jpg   So it sounds like you have another issue with your T&P style and model.

In addition can you share you entire project file as a screen shot and not as bits and pieces.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you, I've attached the project file for your referenceCapture.JPG

Message 8 of 9
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Because you referenced another project file (included file option).   Why do you need the other project file referenced?

See the [2] section in this article https://synergiscadblog.com/2014/10/29/why-its-important-to-have-an-organized-structure-for-inventor-and-a-properly-configured-project-file-part-2-of-2/

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 9
spoudelLZNDE

spoudelLZNDE_0-1664980151939.png

I read through comments and understood what I needed to do. If you have not been able to do still. This is what I added to the project file to change the default template location. To make this changes, edit your ipj file with notepad as you did and add the highlighted code between folderOptions tag. Copy and paste the path location of your templates between path tag (as shown) and save it. Save it was little tricky as it becomes "readonly" file once opened using inventor. One way around this is to copy everything once desired changes are made and save it as .ipj file and delete the original .ipj file. I hope it helps everyone struggling with this problem. 

Another way, I didn't try but should work is to edit the code right to make the project file read/write in inventor and change the location from inventor itself. I didn't try it but good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report