Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCS arrows suddenly visible for many (not all) parts in library

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rajdude2
611 Views, 9 Replies

UCS arrows suddenly visible for many (not all) parts in library

We have a library of parts in Vault 2024 basic. I noticed that most of the parts now have the UCS arrows visible. We never used to see those arrows. Now, yeah, I can turn off visibility in Inventor 2024, but with a bunch of members in our team, all will have to do the same, right? Also, that won't turn off the arrows in Vault.

Is there a way in Vault to stop this from showing up?

Maybe the parts have it turned on in their properties all of a sudden? We did upgrade from 2023 to 2024 recently.

Please see screenshots of what I am talking about below:

Thanks for your help

-Raj

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: rajdude2

Hi! I believe this is a graphics corruption issue that has not yet been fully fixed. Try opening up the assembly -> check out the iam file -> View -> make sure COG is turned off -> Manage -> Rebuild All -> Save, close, and reopen. Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 10
rajdude2

no, from what I understand, this is not the Center of gravity marking. The COG looks like this (screenshots below). That is NOT visible because it is already turned off.

These marks are UCS marks and they become invisible if I uncheck those UCS markis under "object visibility". Please see screenshot in my first post here.

Note that the COG marks are slightly different, and look like what is marked by the red arrow in the screenshot below. The ones I want to get rid of are marked by the green arrow, and are the UCS markings.

Message 4 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Then you do have a bunch of UCS showing up. You either open individual files to turn off the UCS in the files. Or, use Object Visibility to hide them at the given level.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 10
Gabriel_Watson

Those seem to be generated by either a plugin or perhaps iLogic (delete all in a test backup file)? Check under Tools (tab) > Add-Ins, if you can disable anything that isn't from C:\Program Files\Autodesk, and also give it a shot to just use the Inventor Reset Utility (at Start Menu > Inventor folder).
Message 6 of 10
rajdude2

OK, so I did a bit more investigation on what happened...

We had a ton of STEP files in our library. Recently we used "task scheduler" tool to convert all of those STEP files to .ipt files. The files which were converted by the task scheduler are the ones which have the UCS arrows visible.

Is there a way to use task scheduler to run a task which turns off UCS for all the .ipt files in our library?

Message 7 of 10
Gabriel_Watson
Message 8 of 10
rajdude2

Thank you for that tip. That may be a solution, but I need to first find out what iLogic is and how to use it.

I read through that thread. Is that code supposed to be put into task scheduler?

Message 9 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Another option could be set the UCS object visibility in your Standard templates (iam and ipt). Then the UCS will be invisible on import.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 10
rajdude2

I have not found a solution yet, but I did find the source of the problem. These UCS triads were switched on at the time of import of the STEP files using "task scheduler". I played around with task scheduler's settings until I found out what is turning the UCS on. The default import setting are misleading! There is a BUG in task scheduler!

By default it shows this (notice that the UCS is unchecked), seems all good, but if you let it import, it will turn on the UCS triads! Because in reality that checkbox "is" checked. Don't believe me? Well you can do an import yourself with the default settings. After the import just go back to the completed task and check its options. You will find that checkbox is now magically checked! That is crazy.

2023-10-18-Task Scheduler-000999.jpg

SOLUTION:

OK so here is the solution to this problem. Before you run the import, open options and check and then uncheck this UCS checkbox. ONLY THEN will the UCS triads not show up in the .ipt files imported by the task scheduler.

2023-10-18-STEP Import Options-001001.jpg

YMMV

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report